I was surprised out of my sleepiness on the weekend when I was presented “Very inspiring Blogger Award”. I write for fun. If anyone finds my musings of use or inspiration, I am blessed and thank them for the honour. I am deeply grateful to Maheshwari for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
The rules are to thank and link back to the blogger who has nominated you. Post the award logo to your blog. Write a post on the nomination and nominate 15 other very inspiring bloggers. Notify them and then list 7 things about yourself.
My nominations (in no particular order) are:
3. Warm Ginger
9. Jump For Joy
Special mention to This Kid Reviews Books.
I only subscribe to blogs that inspire me: including blogs that do not necessarily have any spiritual, philosophical or overtly meaningful tones. So, it was hard to make this list. I stuck to WordPress. This would probably have been easier if I had to nominate only one. 15 seems such a large number. I had to worry about which ones I was leaving out.
The Seven Things about myself that I must share:
- If I were to ever write my memoirs, I would call it “Giggles, Grunts and Guffaws”. Probably.
- I love Autumn, because it combines the perfect temperatures, with the most beautiful colours and the coolest light.
- I see myself as a selfish woman.
- I can see music. If I cannot see the music I am listening to, I do not like it. J. S. Bach and W. A. Mozart have written the most visible music, I feel.
- Words fascinate me. I like rhythm, cadence, meaning. I adore when a string of words have been so perfectly formed that reading it or hearing it only once, keeps it alive in my heart for ever. e.g.: The opening sentence of Pride and Prejudice.
- I like festivals, food and folklore.
- I believe that 2012 has been the best year of my life so far.
That seems to be that. I took nearly a week to figure this out, so apologies to Maheshwari for the delay.
NB: I have read posts where the writers have expressed that they find such awards and rituals intrusive. If I have awarded any like minded writer, my apologies, and please understand that I do not hold you to any pact.